Posts Tagged ‘DDVAP’
Well good news…Brisan and Parker will have their Desmopressin (DDVAP) infusions until the end of the month (for their bleeding problem). Our infusion company and our hemoc doctors are working very hard to find the “goods'! We don't know what will take place after the beginning of the year though. Still good news.
The boys have been great this week. Nothing major to report (thankfully). Duncan did have his evaluations to see if he would qualify for ECSE (school). He has been progressing much better so it is a 50/50 shot we get in the door we are guessing.
Thank you for all your support.
Well crime scene intact partially… We were up most of the wee hours of the morning with Brisan the “Flinstone Cat” not wanting to sleep and roaming between our bedroom and his. Around 6 am Parker comes up to my side of the bed and not thinking much of it Jennifer goes Parker is bleeding!
Took him in our bedroom and I can not recall the last time he literally had blood from head to toe on his body. All down both legs and arms including his face. The first go around it took about 30-45 minutes to get a clot to stick. During that time Parker turned into Rambo and tried to break loose. Can't blame him but it is frustrating since your trying to get him to calm down so you can apply pressure to his nose.
We put him in our bed and I proceeded to get ready for work. As soon as I was going to leave he blew a big sneeze. Must have been as powerful as the winds in Kansas City this morning! The 2nd gold rush started (minus the gold). That was talking another 30 minutes to try to stop it. At that point we just called the ambulance to head down to Children's Mercy Hospital. There they gave him DDVAP and checked out his hemoglobin. It was low. He is doing OK now after a long morning and early afternoon.
There has to be a way to help this out some way.
What an eventful day. We have been at Children’s Mercy Hospital since 8 am. After getting a DDAVP infusion, dose of Amicar, and a first of the Stults family, a platelet transfusion. Parker was taken back to surgery at about 1:45 pm. Mike and I talked to our surgeon, Shawn St. Peter after the placement of a Single Lumen Port-a-Cath and a Mic-Key G-Tube.
So far, almost 4 hours post op Parker is doing ok and is stable. He has had some bleeding but not anything severe. He is on some heavy duty pain meds that are attempting to help control this intense pain in his stomach and chest. So he is pretty out of it at the moment. That is a good thing. He has already tried to climb out of the regular bed twice within 20 minutes of being in the room. So we opted for a crib for his safety. He also does not understand why he has a bunch of wires and tubes coming off of him. He is on Oxygen, has Cardiac monitors, is hooked up to an O2 monitor and has several different incision sites and he is not used to them at all!
If we could ask for anything please pray for the bleedings to stop, pain to be managed, and for Parker to get some good rest while he is here. We are not out of danger yet. We will have about 12-14 days that he can still have bleeding complications from this surgery. Plus the risk for an infection as long as he has the Port-a-Cath.
This was not an easy decision to make as a parent. It will be a long, painful road the next few weeks with both Parker and Brisan having these surgeries done. However, Mike and I feel that we have to do what is best for both boys and their Quality of life vs. Quantity. We feel that this is the best decision for our boys at this time.